The Power of Promotional Products
Did you know that promotional products are regarded as the most effective form of advertising to prompt action? In fact, according to Promotional Products Association International, promotional items are better received and less avoided by consumers than any other advertising vehicle. In an increasingly digital world, we are constantly bombarded with advertisements, which people are learning to ignore. The uniqueness of a promotional products is that it is tangible and often functional. Promotional items are great for driving brand exposure, spreading a message, and boosting brand recognition.
What Is a Promotional Product?
A promotional product is a branded item used to promote a service, company, message, or product. These imprinted items can range from custom pens and tote bags to branded apparel and business gifts. Different categories include drinkware, apparel, writing instruments, caps, bags, technology, and so much more.
5 Promotional Product Facts
Promotional products are a powerful form of advertising. Check out these 5 interesting facts about promotional items from the 2017 PPAI Consumer Study .
- Promotional products have the highest advertising reach above any other form of advertising providing exposure each day.
- 8 in 10 consumers revealed that their impression of a brand positively changed directly as a result of receiving a promotional product from that brand.
- 83% of consumers said they are more likely to do business with brands they’ve received promotional products from than brands they have not received promotional products from.
- 81% of consumers keep promotional products for more than one year.
- 8 in 10 consumers choose to pass along a promotional product if they don’t keep it for themselves, furthering a brand’s reach even more.
Cost Per Impression
Promotional products remain less expensive per impression than most other forms of advertising. In the United States, promotional products have a lower cost per impression than prime-time television advertising, national magazine advertising. and newspaper ads.
According to the Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study , the cost per impression of a branded pen is less than 1/10th of a cent in the United States.
The longer a promotional product is kept, the more impressions it makes on the recipient and anyone else who is exposed to the recipient using the product. With an average of over 5,700 impressions, bags generate more impressions in the U.S. than any other promotional item.
RTI Can Help
Whether you need promotional items for your employees, an upcoming trade show, or prospective students, give the experts at RTI a call. We offer a wide variety of items that will help your organization spread its message, gain recognition, and boost awareness.
Date Posted: 8/15/18
Date Last Updated: 6/13/19
By: RTI Marketing Team