Tips for Navigating the E-Rate Process
Keeping up with technology advancements can be difficult, which is why the E-rate program is integral for schools and libraries. However, navigating through the E-rate application and process can be complex and complicated. Follow these 6 tips to ensure your E-rate process goes smoothly!
1. Keep track of deadlines: The E-rate process runs on a strict schedule. It’s important to keep close track of important dates and deadlines. Filling out the appropriate forms before the deadline is crucial if you want to receive funding. If you miss the deadline, your potential funding could be denied or reduced.
2. Start early: It’s always a good idea to start the application process early. The process can be time-consuming, so starting early gives you the opportunity to ask questions and avoid costly mistakes. If you file early, you don’t have to worry about missing deadlines, you have a better chance at getting more bids, and you have a chance to adjust your application if needed.
3. Stay up to date: Some things are certain in life, and one of those certainties is that the E-rate program will constantly change. Program requirements, forms, rules, and procedures will continue to change, so it’s important to keep track of and monitor these changes. Set time aside to familiarize yourself with any new changes before starting the application process. It may be helpful to attend E-rate training sessions and check the latest news on the USAC website .
4. Plan for the future: While it’s easy to get caught up in today and the current year, it’s best to outline a plan for your network’s future. Analyze where your technology is currently and where you want to be. From there, you can outline your technology needs and prioritize your projects.
5. Seek help if you need it: As the E-rate process becomes more complex, there’s no shame in asking for help. E-rate coordinators and consultants can be very helpful by answering your questions, helping you process forms, reminding you of deadlines, and navigating you through the E-rate process.
6. Maintain your records: It’s essential to keep track of all E-rate records. Applicants are required to maintain their records and documents for at least 10 years after the last date of service was delivered.
How RTI can help
Riverside Technologies, Inc. (RTI) is an IT service provider with years of E-rate experience. K-12 is our core specialty. We have worked with numerous school districts across the United States, so we understand a school’s unique technology needs. As a trusted partner who understands the ins and outs of E-rate, RTI can provide valuable insight into the E-rate process and help optimize your network and your long-term plan.
Our education specialists maximize every E-rate dollar while reducing complexity and improving security. We are happy to answer any questions you might have. We understand that the E-rate program can be complex, and we can help you navigate that process!
Date Posted: 2/6/18
Date Last Updated: 6/3/19
By: RTI Marketing Team